Where anyone can learn Photoshop. Exclusive, easy to follow Photoshop tutorials! Step by step instructions, perfect for beginners!

Tuesday 3 March 2015

ABDZ Constellation in Photoshop

01:17 Posted by faseehkhan No comments
This weekend I went to the flicks to watch Interstellar in IMAX 70mm. This film was for me the most anticipated this year & I left the theater in awe. The film is visually stunning & as expected from Nolan, a mind-bending experience in terms of storytelling. Still blown away, I decided to generate an picture in Photoshop inspired by my experience watching this fabulous film.
So in this small tutorial or case study, I will walk you through my method from Illustrator to Photoshop. I won't provide lots of details because I think it is better for you to try & not follow instruction, but I think you can have a nice suggestion of how the effect was achieved.


STEP 1


In Illustrator, generate a used document and then with the Polygon tool generate a polygon with over 8 sides.


STEP 2


With the Line Segment Device start generating lines & connecting them to generate the polygonal effect they would like to accomplish.


STEP 3


Once you finish the full sphere, delete some areas in the middle like the picture below. After that with the Ellipse tool, generate a circle for each intersection of lines.



STEP 4


I repated the same method for the Abduzeedo symbol.


STEP 5


In Photoshop, generate a black circle in the midst of the document.


STEP 6


Import the design you created in Illustrator to Photoshop.


STEP 7



To add stars in the background, an simple techinque is to generate a new layer, fill it with black & then go to Filter>Noise>Add Noise. Use around 10% for the amount. Then go to Image>Adjustments>Levels. Adjust the black & the white leves until you have a few white dots.


STEP 8



Add the text you would like to add to your design. I am using a quote from the Interstellar film.


STEP 9


Using Google Picture search I looked for a light leak picture. Then with the Adjustments>Hue & Saturation I changed the colors to a icy, blue/purple palette. After that change the Blend Mode to Linear Dodge (add). That will make the picture only visible over the dark areas of the composition & invisible over white.


CONCLUSION


The method behind this picture is simple & it was something I used to do a lot in the beginning of the weblog, playing with Blend Modes & the space theme. With vectors & the white area the composition got simpler & more refined. It would work well for a poster as well. Now it is up to you to come up together with your own design, but first, got to the films to watch Interstellar & get some inspiration.



0 comments:

Post a Comment